Monday, June 11, 2018

Compass Needle Pointed Toward Diploma


I vowed to keep pace with my writer friends like Kelli Russell Agodon and Donna Vorreyer and post a blog a week in 2018 for the Poet Blogger Revival, but it was just so hard for me to write that last post about Chris Cornell so I got stuck for months.
But I will try to make up ground from now on. I'll probably sneak in some extra posts on as many weeks as possible, so maybe by the end of the year I will still get close to 52 blogs.

One cool thing that happened recently was that I got a poem picked up for a "Poetry Spot" feature on the AZCentral website. That's the online component for the Arizona Republic newspaper that started showcasing poems by Arizona poets. My poem can be read here: https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2018/05/23/poetry-spot-compass-needle-pointed-toward-diploma-shawnte-orion/639316002/


https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2018/05/23/poetry-spot-compass-needle-pointed-toward-diploma-shawnte-orion/639316002/

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Congratulations. Your poem is so visual and vivid; I'm right there.

    So nice to see you back at the blog; you've been missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Drew! Especially since you you're the only one I know who didn't need a New Year's resolution, because you've never neglected your blog.

    ReplyDelete