Thursday, January 7, 2016

Jackalope ekphrastic poem in Sugar House Review


I'm excited to have my poem "Forensic Field Notes on the Jackalope" in the new issue of Sugar House Review.


The poem began about a year ago, when I participated in a big ekphrastic show/reading at Obliq Art Gallery in Phoenix.


Artists and Poets from all over the country were matched up and there was a kickoff performance on opening night.

Life imitates art imitating poets.
Posing with poet Jack Evans in front of the painting he wrote about.


I was matched with a painting by the amazing Southwest artist El Moises.
It was called Jackalope Vato and I loved everything about it, so I was proud to have my framed poem hang next to it at the exhibit.


Big thanks to Sugar House Review for allowing me
to give El Moises a little shout out in the pages of their newest issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment