Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Behind The Poem(s) posted at Drunk In A Midnight Choir

I've got a new trio of poems posted over at Drunk In A Midnight Choir and they can be read IMMEDIATELY and FOR FREE just by clicking this magical link:
http://drunkinamidnightchoir.com/2015/10/15/three-poems-2-shawnte-orion/


So I decided to give a little background for each one.


Emergency Quarters for Phonebooth or Arcade

 That picture is worth a thousand explanations.



The Love Song of J. Alan Smithee


Alan Smithee was the official pseudonym used by Hollywood directors who did not want their name attached to a movie they weren't proud to stand behind. Some of the films that ended up getting credited to the infamous Alan Smithee include Twilight Zone: The Movie (mostly because actors were killed during a helicopter stunt accident), The Shrimp on the Barbie, Hellraiser: Bloodline, etc. There are also music videos by artists like Sarah McLachlan, Puff Daddy, Jennifer Lopez, and Destiny's Child that are credited to the hardest non-working director in the biz.



The Streetlamp Clowns of Wasco


There was a "trending" story on Yahoo that caught my attention about a Californian city I'd never heard of (Wasco) getting overrun at nightfall by people dressed as clowns. Surely the stuff of nightmares, so I couldn't stop thinking about it. The next week I went to California to read at that year's Long Beach Poetry Festival. I googled the whereabouts of Wasco to see if it was close enough for me to visit in person, while I was over there. Fortunately, it was too far away to be worth the drive.

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-california-police-field-reports-of-creepy-clowns-2014-10


No comments:

Post a Comment