Thursday, February 13, 2014

Poetry and Mosh Pits and Paleontologist Rock


Last week at the iconic Arizona bookstore Changing Hands, I was one of the readers who helped introduce the debut issue of Four Chambers Literary Magazine.

A few days later, I was reading between punk bands at the Trunk Space, opening for San Francisco's Sweat Lodge (former Phoenix resident Rocky Yazzie's new band).
 



The opening act was "Dinosaur Love"
Songs like "Godzilla Is Not A Dinosaur" and "Jurassic Park Was Bullshit"
(They should've listened to Jeff Goldblum!!!) got stuck in my head.




Wolvves




This was the first time I got to read a real poetry set at Trunk Space.
I did get on that stage once before to perform one of my poems
with Rocky's old band The Skinwalkers during one of their shows,
but it was cool to be able to read for about 25 minutes, this time around.



Banner! Hahaha.



Rocky feeds the masses before every gig. 


This teepee means Sweat Lodge is taking the stage.


I should have put these photos up between the pics of me,
so it looks like the crowd was moshing to my poems.



My camera died before Father's Day closed out the night.



No comments:

Post a Comment